Statement of Faith
Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, are the divinely inspired Word of God, without error in the original writing, and the final authority for all Christian faith and life (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21).
2. We Believe in one God, infinite, perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
3. We Believe in the virgin birth of the Lord Jesus Christ, His unqualified deity, His sinless humanity, the eternal all-sufficiency of His atoning death, His bodily resurrection and His ascension to the Father’s right hand (1 Corinthians 15: 3-4; John 1:1, 20, 24-29; Hebrews 4:15; 1 Timothy 2:5; Revelation 20:1-6).
4. We Believe in the personal and imminent, pre-tribulation return of Jesus for His Church, i.e. the rapture; the pre-millennial return of Jesus Christ with His Church, and His millennial reign on earth (Hebrews 9:28; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20:1-6; 1 Corinthians 15:51; Philippians 3:20-21; Titus 2:13).
5. We Believe that Justification is a judicial act of God on the believer’s behalf solely through faith in Christ’s death and resurrection (Roman 3:24, 26; 4:18-25; 5:1; 1 Corinthians 6:11; Galatians 3:24).
6. We Believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is under condemnation, and that it is only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit that salvation can be obtained (Genesis 1:26, 27; 2:17; 3:1-13; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5-6).
7. We Believe that water Baptism by immersion and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the Church during the present age (Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34).
8. We Believe that the Christian life involves discipleship, obedience to the Word of God, holiness, witness and service through the power of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28;19; Mark 16:16; Acts 1:8; 2:38; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18: 7:1).
We Build people by restoring relationships with their heavenly father and discipling them to live like Jesus; motivating them to share with others their faith.
Follow Gateway Assembly
Where to find us
P.O. Box. 1452,
Phone: (473) 439-2909